With Survey you may know real time end-users habits and opinions.
It allows the publication of surveys, quizzes or voting, and you manage it deciding the validity period of the survey, the question to publish and, in case, possible answers.
It is useful to receive detailed statistics such as feedback, information about customer satisfaction and most wanted products and services.
Control Panel management
By clicking the Manage button it is possible to create a new survey or view an existing one.
To add a new survey, it is necessary to click the Create new button from the quick access toolbar. A guided procedure will help you to create a new survey. In the first step the following information is required:
- Name of survey: a name for the survey, which must be unique.
- Set a time validity for this survey (optional): if wished, you can specify a time interval where the survey is valid. If you do not specify it, the survey is always valid. This value can be modified anytime.
Then it is necessary to add questions. In order to add a new question, it is necessary to click the Add question button. In order to finish and save the survey, it is necessary to click the Save survey button.
Under the same survey, it is possible to create different types of questions, such as:
- Survey: this is a question where the answer must be chosen by the end-user from a list. It is possible to set from 2 to 4 preset answers.
- Quiz: this is a question where the end-user is required to answer Yes or No.
- Voting: this is a question where the end-user is required to express a preference on a rating scale from 1 to 5.
The possible actions to perform on an existing survey are:
- Activate: it is possible to publish only one survey per time. So, if a survey is activated, all other surveys will be necessarily disabled.
- Remove: it is possible to delete a survey from the Platform.
- Edit: it is possible to change name, period of validity, questions for each survey, and to add new questions to a selected survey.
- View statistics. For each survey it is possible to see:
- Answers: this is a pie chart summarizing all votes that have been submitted.
- Total votes: this is a line chart showing all votes that have been submitted in a timeline.
- Historic: this is a table showing all votes that have been submitted.
These actions can be performed by the Tenant and, if the Management is Differentiated and the Responsibility is assigned to the WiFi Area, also by the WiFi Area Owner.
By clicking the Settings button for an application in the common App section, the Tenant is able to set the following access and usage rules:
- Management: this option indicates the access policies for each application. It is necessary to specify one of the following values:
- Unified: only the Tenant is able to configure the application, by clicking the button Manage, and this configuration is applied to all WiFi Areas managed by the Tenant. WiFi Area Owners are not able to perform any action on them. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed only by the Tenant.
- Differentiated: each WiFi Area can be configured separately, and the settings and the available options depend on the value specified for the Responsibility option (as explained below).
- Responsibility: this option is available only if the Management is Differentiated. One of the following values must be specified:
- Tenant: the Tenant can manage and configure independently each application for any WiFi Area, through the options in the Apps tab of the WiFi Area section for the wished WiFi Area. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed neither by the Tenant nor the WiFi Area Owner.
- WiFi Area: the Tenant and the WiFi Area Owner are both able to configure the applications. The WiFi Area Owner can do this by clicking the Manage button, the Tenant has to open the Apps tab in the WiFi Area section, for the wished WiFi Area. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed only by the the WiFi Area Owner.