External Links provides a direct link to a web page outside the domain of the splash portal, enabling end-users to access to it before the login for informational purposes.
It offers an easy customisation of icon and label, a foreground on a specific web page and multiple external links management.
External links allows to publish items in the Splash Portal, in order to provide links for external URLs.
Control Panel management
By clicking the Manage button it is possible to manage all the items for the External links application.
In the Manage section, by clicking the Create new button, it is possible add an item to the App Bar. For each item it is necessary to specify
- Icon: here it is possible to add an icon to display. It is strongly recommended:
- to upload images with transparent backgrounds, since in this way the background is the default color chosen as the background for the App Bar.
- to upload images having 70×70 pixels size. Otherwise they will be not correctly displayed.
- Italian label: this is the label displayed in the item for the App Bar, when the selected language is “Italian”.
- English label: this is the label displayed in the item for the App Bar, when the selected language is “English”.
- Spanish label: this is the label displayed in the item for the App Bar, when the selected language is “Spanish”.
- URL: this is URL where the end-user is redirected to, after clicking on the item.
- Walled Garden: this option indicates whether the entered URL is included or not between the Walled Gardens for the device used as Hotspot. Ifnot checked, the end-user will be invited to log in to the Splash Portal in order to visit the specified URL.
For each item it is possible to perform the following actions:
- Edit: it is possible to edit an existing item, by modifying the specified fields.
- Delete: it is possible to delete an existing item.
These actions can be performed by the Tenant and, if the Management is Differentiated and the Responsibility is assigned to the WiFi Area, also by the WiFi Area Owner.
By clicking the Settings button for an application in the common App section, the Tenant is able to set the following access and usage rules:
- Management: this option indicates the access policies for each application. It is necessary to specify one of the following values:
- Unified: only the Tenant is able to configure the application, by clicking the button Manage, and this configuration is applied to all WiFi Areas managed by the Tenant. WiFi Area Owners are not able to perform any action on them. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed only by the Tenant.
- Differentiated: each WiFi Area can be configured separately, and the settings and the available options depend on the value specified for the Responsibility option (as explained below).
- Responsibility: this option is available only if the Management is Differentiated. One of the following values must be specified:
- Tenant: the Tenant can manage and configure independently each application for any WiFi Area, through the options in the Apps tab of the WiFi Area section for the wished WiFi Area. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed neither by the Tenant nor the WiFi Area Owner.
- WiFi Area: the Tenant and the WiFi Area Owner are both able to configure the applications. The WiFi Area Owner can do this by clicking the Manage button, the Tenant has to open the Apps tab in the WiFi Area section, for the wished WiFi Area. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed only by the the WiFi Area Owner.