Email Marketing allows to create effective mail blast marketing campaigns manageable directly by you.
After choosing graphical templates and defining its contents, such as images, it is possible to send the email to all your end-users.
It has the opportunity to get real-time email preview and quickly schedule and customization of email blasts.
Email Marketing allows to set up an effective email marketing campaign. By using this application, you may send advertising messages or commercial offers through e-mail to all end-users registered to a WiFi Area who accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider during their autonomous registration.
The application allows you to choose among a set of graphical layouts and add text and images depending to your needs.
Control Panel management
By clicking the Manage button you can display 5 sections:
- Email Templates
- Users List
In Campaigns section it is possible to create a new campaign by clicking the button New Campaign or perform operations for an existing one through the Edit button.
This page shows you all the campaigns that are present in the system.
In the left column you can find the campaigns saved by users and sent at least once.
In the right column you can find the campaigns saved by users but never sent.
For both cases you can send (Send again for the left column, Send now for the right column), modify () or delete () the campaign.
In order to use this application it is required to configure a source email address, that will figure as the sender of the message. This can be done by configuring SMTP settings, by clicking the Setting button above the list of available campaigns.
- SMTP host
- SMTP port
- whether authentication is required or not.
If the authentication is required, it is necessary to specify the following information:
- Email: it is the username for SMTP authentication.
- Password: it is the password for SMTP authentication.
- Type of encrypted connection: this indicates whether you intend to encrypt the message, or not. You can select:
- None (no encryption)
By entering the email address in the appropriate field at the bottom of the window and clicking the Send test button, it is possible to send a test message in order to verify whether the SMTP settings are correct or not.
Once SMTP settings are configured it is possible to create a new marketing campaign, or edit or cancel an existing one.
By clicking the Users list button, it is possible to display the list of end-users who currently are receiving marketing communications.
If the application is used at Tenant level, these recipients are all end-users registered to all WiFi Areas belonging to the Tenant, who accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider during their autonomous registration. If the application is used at WiFi Area level these recipients are all end-users registered to the single WiFi Area, who accepted to receive marketing communications from the service provider during their autonomous registration.
In order to create a new marketing campaign it is necessary to click the New campaign button.
After that, it is required to follow a guided procedure prompting all necessary data to create a complete email marketing campaign. This procedure consists of three steps:
In the Setup step it is necessary to provide the following information:
- Campaign name: this is the unique name for your marketing campaign.
- Email subject: this is the subject for the message containing your marketing campaign.
- Sender name: this is sender name displayed in the message containing your marketing campaign.
- Reply to this email address: this is the reply-to email address set in the message (the default reply address appearing in main e-mail clients after have clicked Reply for the single email message). Please note that the marketing campaign will be sent also to this email address.
- Email Templates: here you have to specify an existing template for your campaign, or alternatively click create new one to create a new email template.
In the Template selection step, it is necessary to choose the graphical email template between those available. Each template is characterized by a different number and arrangement of text and image boxes.
To create your template you have 4 simple steps:
- Create a template
In Create template you have just to choose the name
In Layout it is possible to select the favourite model for your email campaign
In Design it is possible to fill in text boxes and upload images into image boxes, for the template previously chosen.
Please note that each image box has a specific size (width and height) that is displayed in the page. If an image with a different size is uploaded, this will be resized to the size indicated.
In Preview it is possible to see the final format of your campaign.
In the Preview step, beside the Setup step you can see the marketing campaign that you are going to create, and check how many end-users would receive it taking into account the current conditions.
By clicking the Back button, it is possible to come back to the previous steps.
By clicking the Save button, the marketing campaign will be saved into the system.
In the Confirm step you can perform the following actions:
- Send now: by clicking this button you can immediately send the email to all recipients (registered end-users who accepted the marketing clause).
- Back to the campaign list: by clicking this button you are redirected to the main page of the application without sending any email message.
- Send test: this is a “preview” feature that allows you to send the marketing campaign to your email address, in order to allow you to check if everything is as you wish.
In this section you can check the statistics for all the campaigns sent through the application
You can filter data by:
- Type: you can check data for all campaigns ever sent, or only for the active or deleted ones.
- Campaigns: you can check data for all campaigns or only for a particular one.
The dashboards below, depending on filters, show:
- How many messages have been correctly sent, the number of errors occurred in sending, and how many messages have been sent and read.
- The distribution in percentage between sent messages, not sent messages, and the messages that have been sent and read by the recipient.
- The number of total sends of campaign.
In this section you will find the list of email templates that are available in the system. For each template the following actions may be available:
- Edit (): by clicking this button it is possible to modify the detail of every email template.
- Synchronize (): each time you modify an email template, this is updated only for the Email Marketing, but not for the Proximity Marketing application. If the email template is used also for a marketing campaign in Proximity Marketing, the Synchronize button appears and allows to update the template also for that application.
- Delete (): by clicking this button it is possible to delete the email template. Please note that this button is available only if the email template is not used in Email Marketing or Proximity Marketing applications.
For each campaign listed, the following details are listed:
- Name: the name of the template.
- Design template: the name of the predefined layout on which the template is based.
- Used in: the marketing campaigns in Email Marketing or Proximity Marketing using this email template. Please remember that changing a currently “used” template may impact on the marketing campaigns sent to end-users.
By moving to the Users list button, you can display the list of end-users who currently are receiving marketing communications from the application.
This list is calculated according to the rules described in to the Who will receive my campaigns? paragraph below.
These actions can be performed by the Tenant and, if the Management is Differentiated and the Responsibility is assigned to the WiFi Area, also by the WiFi Area Owner.
Who will receive my message?
As already said, it is possible to display recipients by clicking the Users list button in the main page of the application. These users are those who registered to a WiFi Area accepting to receive marketing communications from the service provider.
In addition, the message will be sent to the email address specified in the campaign as Reply to this email address field.
By clicking the Settings button for an application in the common App section, the Tenant is able to set the following access and usage rules:
- Management: this option indicates the access policies for each application. It is necessary to specify one of the following values:
- Unified: only the Tenant is able to configure the application, by clicking the button Manage, and this configuration is applied to all WiFi Areas managed by the Tenant. WiFi Area Owners are not able to perform any action on them. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed only by the Tenant.
- Differentiated: each WiFi Area can be configured separately, and the settings and the available options depend on the value specified for the Responsibility option (as explained below).
- Responsibility: this option is available only if the Management is Differentiated. One of the following values must be specified:
- Tenant: the Tenant can manage and configure independently each application for any WiFi Area, through the options in the Apps tab of the WiFi Area section for the wished WiFi Area. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed neither by the Tenant nor the WiFi Area Owner.
- WiFi Area: the Tenant and the WiFi Area Owner are both able to configure the applications. The WiFi Area Owner can do this by clicking the Manage button, the Tenant has to open the Apps tab in the WiFi Area section, for the wished WiFi Area. The button Manage and the button Uninstall can be viewed only by the the WiFi Area Owner.