Advertising is an application which allows to set up and manage advertising campaigns, by inserting rotating banners in some sections of the Splash Portal, for a certain amount of time. Once this application has been activated, the Tenant is able to monitor all data of interest, such as impressions and click analysis for each image inserted.
With Advertising you can define for each campaign the period of validity, as well as can analyse statistics (e.g. impressions and clicks).
You get an easy organization and a quick scheduling of ad campaigns.
Control Panel management
By clicking the Manage button it is possible to manage the advertisements that will be displayed to the end-users, for some particular pages of the Splash Portal or as the consequence of particular actions performed.
As a first action, it is necessary to select a zone that indicates a place where banners will be displayed. Once a zone has been selected, it is possible to manage all the related banners. The available zones are:
- Top box: that is the insertion of advertising in the upper part of the page of the Splash Portal, above the other blocks. Please note that this advertising is not supported for Splash Metro models.
- Splash ADV: that is the insertion of advertising as a result of an action performed on to the Splash Portal.
- Bottom box: that is the insertion of advertising in the bottom of the page of the Splash Portal, below the other blocks. Please note that this advertising is not supported for Splash Metro models.
By clicking Statistics for a zone, it is possible to see the number of related impressions and clicks. This information can be viewed in the Control Panel, as a text or as a chart (it is possible to specify a time interval where retrieve values), and it can be exported to a CSV file by clicking the Export to CSV button.
Please note that, as explained below, the application allows also to display statistics for each single banner in the zone.
By clicking Manage banners for a zone, it is possible to enter the page where it is possible to create a new banner (by clicking the Add new banner button) in the zone or perform some operations on existing ones.
The available actions for every banner are:
- Pause / Play: it is possible to enable inactive advertising or disable active advertising.
- Edit: it is possible to modify details for existing advertising.
- Statistics: it is possible to display end-users clicks and impressions for the single advertising, as mentioned above. This information can be viewed in the Control Panel, as a text or as a chart (it is possible to specify a time interval where retrieve values), and it can be exported to a CSV file by clicking the Export to CSV button.
- Delete: it is possible to delete advertising.
Creating a new banner
As explained above, it is also possible to create a new banner by clicking the Add new banner button. The following information is required:
- Name of the banner: that is the name associated to the banner.
- Date of publication: that is the first date when the banner must be displayed.
- Date of expiration: that is the last date when the banner must be displayed.
- Url: that is the URL where the end-user is redirected to after clicking the banner.
- Banner: that is the image to upload through the Control Panel.
Please note that, as a result of inserting more than one image per section, you will have a “rotating banner”.
This is an example of Top box banner:
This is an example of Splash ADV banner:
This is an example of Bottom box banner: